The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Wednesday, March 29

Counting Down...

I haven't blogged in years. Obviously. But I was feeling the need to rant, and a facebook update just wasn't cutting it. So I dug into the old blog. What could I possibly want to rant about?

I'm pregnant.

Technically, I have 6 weeks left. My midwife thinks we can encourage things to get going sooner, and since my little man may be a bit large, that would be fine.

So here's our family update. Me and the hubs are still married. Yay! 12 1/2 years and counting. Moose is turning 11 this July. Holy cow! I can't believe my first little man is so close to becoming a teenager. Monkey is about to turn 8. She's thrilled, as she will now be able to get her ears pierced. Munchkin is turning 6 this weekend, which she reminds us of on a daily basis. We now have Muppet. She is 2 1/2 and a general terrorist. But she's flippin' adorable, so we figure we'll keep her. And we're expecting our second little man, and most likely last child, that we've already decided to call Minion.

May 9th. That's the magical date. Although if you ask me, I say once May starts it's on! Midwife says he's big, which is to be expected. My last man was 9 lbs., 22 in. I swear, if this Minion isn't longer than that I'll be amazed! He hasn't dropped yet, but I can feel him coming up my throat on a daily basis. Every time I stand up, I have to pee thanks to his wonderful cranium pressing on my bladder. He's constantly stretching out into my right rib cage, making sleep a tricky business. My stomach is also squished so small I can hardly eat more than a fist-sized portion of anything. But I have to be careful of my blood pressure, which is constantly low. Eating regularly helps, but eating too much gives me mad heartburn and indigestion, which is so uncomfortable! I have burped everything. Like ice cream! It's not the worst. Taco burps are pretty gross. Pickles, ew! But really, burping anything over and over again for any length of time is no fun.

Another fun side effect of this low blood pressure is a more or less constant exhaustion. Kinda like lethargy, really. For example, this week is spring break so we've been taking it pretty easy. My hubby noticed I have been resting a lot. Chilling on the bed, reading books, watching some tv. He asked me if this was my new thing, if I'll be able to take care of the kids next week when he's back at work and we're back to our usual routine. I said, I'd be fine. But if there's nothing pressing on my time (getting the kids through their homeschool work each day, or piano lessons), I have no desire to do anything.I'm happy to sit, recline, lay, and just be. My body craves it, to be honest. I don't get restless, my mind doesn't wander to all the things I could be doing. It just rests. I can do things, don't get me wrong. I told him to tell me if he needs help getting something done. He's been busy tearing up our basement (another post entirely) and it's nothing I can really help with. So me and the kids do our thing each day, and are just enjoying not having immediate responsibilities.

Well, I feel a little bit better. Not really. I need to eat some tums. And I should probably eat lunch, even though I honestly don't want to. Who wants to eat when you already have indigestion? But if I don't, my blood pressure will drop even more. Bleh. 6 more weeks. 6 more weeks. 6 more weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment