The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Tuesday, April 22

How do I know you're guilty?

Seriously, what parent can't answer this half a dozen different ways? Anyway, this is my story from yesterday. To preface, I slept really poorly with chronic headaches and although I felt a bit better during the day, was really tired (obviously not at my sharpest) and apparently missed some of what my girlies were doing while they were playing.


I was walking into my living room, and walked past Monkey. She was sitting on the floor. As I walked by, she looked at me and simultaneously tried to quietly hide what she was doing under her legs. It was like there were red flashing lights surrounding her face. I promptly asked her what she was doing. Turns out she was playing with a little egg ornament that used to be glued to a small tree I got in the dollar section at Target last year. When I saw what she had, I was like, "what?" and then I turned to my piano, which holds my sweet holiday decorations, to find that all of the little plastic egg ornaments had been ripped off. Seriously? It within the next 15 minutes or so that I realized they had also taken down this delicate basket which held a few empty easter eggs in it, played with that, as well as two little egg shaped chicks, which also adorned my piano. Everything had become a plaything. I about died. Was I really that off my game yesterday? Man. Anyway, tangent.


I have no problems seeing the guilt ooze off my children's skin when they are lying or know they are guilty of something. What's it like for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment