The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Saturday, April 19

I've waited almost 8 years...

So, I've heard that kids mature...eventually. Not too long ago we were watching my niece, who is 1 year older than Moose. She's always been a bit spazzy and energetic, but for some reason this day she was calm and ultra sweet. It was so wonderful! I sent her parents a pic of her snuggling with my girls on the couch as they watched a movie. They told me it had just happened recently. She was acting much more mature, not doing some of the negative behaviors she used to. They said it was like a switch went off in her and she just changed.


On to my kids. Mr. Moose, who will be 8 in July, has very recently been displaying new behaviors which, to be honest, tickle me pink. Just lately he has been ultra sensitive to Miss Munchkin. Anytime she cries, he goes to her and asks her what's wrong. He will tell you that he can always calm her down. (Although today he added, "if she lets me") It has just been such a wonderful thing to see him so sympathetic to her and understanding. It really is a treat. Don't get me wrong, Moose can complain with the rest of them about perceived injustices. But he really tries to understand why things need to be done and be a part of making our family work.


I always wanted a boy to be our first so our kids could all have a big brother. I had 3 growing up and it just always seemed important to me. I can say now, that he's getting older and maturing a bit, that my girlies are so very lucky to have such an awesome big brother. I know they'll have rough patches, as all siblings do, but he tries. Really hard. I think sometimes it's just awesome to see your kids internalize things you've taught them and you realize they were listening. Seriously, isn't that the best feeling ever? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment