The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Wednesday, April 9

Little victories

*This post will contain mention of pee and poop. So click away now if you need to.


So I'm trying to get Munchkin to potty train. So far I've had absolutely no success. For a while I could get her to poop in the potty because it was so obvious when she was going to do it. But lately I've had no luck. The day started off okay. I asked her to sit on it once, with success. That was good. Although I was telling her when to do it, so I still wasn't convinced she could actually recognize the urge. Then during lunch she pooped in her undies. So not okay. After that it was "naptime" which is in quotes because the nap didn't happen. Once I got the girls out of their room from their playtime, I got the lady back in undies and we kept trying. It wasn't until I was back from picking up Moose from school, and was talking on the phone with my sister, that I heard Monkey say, "Mama, she's sitting on the potty."  Huh? I totally didn't know what she was talking about. So I turn around and see Munchkin sitting on our little potty (which generally sits in the living room somewhere). She had sat on it of her own accord, without my prompting. Wha?!? How awesome is that?!


So seriously, I cheered for her and wanted to do a little dance. It was so awesome! She knows when she needs to pee! Now don't get me wrong, she's still going to have dozens of accidents before we're out of the woods, but at least now I know she can be in the woods and it's not pointless! So exciting!


So excuse my mommy moment as I enjoy this little victory over potty training.  Yay! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment