The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Sunday, November 20

Sick Guy + GI Joe

This morning, Moose wasn't feeling very well. So he ended up staying home from church with the hubs and Munchkin. Monkey and I still went. I had a choir performance to play for and a primary lesson to teach. Anyway, while I was gone, Moose threw up twice. He napped a bit and was pretty lethargic overall. This is a big deal for him. Generally when he's sick, he will always be his chipper happy self. It takes something pretty serious to make him act sick. But he's definitely sick, which means he's staying home tomorrow.

This is the first time we've had anyone throw up since he was about 2 1/2. We all got the stomach flu in succession. He was first, then me, then the hubs. I'll never forget it. Whenever he threw up he would cry and cry. It was the saddest thing you'd ever heard. After we were all better, I would sometimes lay in bed at night and remember when he'd start crying from a vomit attack. It would give me small anxiety attacks, I hated that cry so much. It just broke my heart every time. He's a bit more of a trooper about it. The hubs said the first time he threw up he was pretty shaken. The second (and third, which was this evening) time he was a real trooper about it. He's had nothing but a cracker and some sips of water. I really hope he's feeling better tomorrow. This will be his first genuine sick day staying home from school.

In random-make-you-smile news: Moose watched some episodes of GI Joe this afternoon. I was standing next to the dinner table where the kiddos were. I randomly sang, "GI Joe is there." and they sang in unison, completely unprompted, "GI JOE!" It was too cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment