The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Sunday, November 27

Clap! Yay!

Munchkin (who is hardly a munchkin, I tell ya. The girl is getting huge!) is becoming quite the clapper. Here's the scene at dinner tonight.

We're sitting around the dinner table. I'm feeding munchkin some banana orange medley, while the rest of us eat Thanksgiving/day after Thanksgiving leftovers. (The hubs actually made a different dinner the day after. It was pizza and it was amazing!) Munchkin randomly claps a few times, not always making contact with both hands, but trying enthusiastically. So I clap and say yay. Enter Moose, Monkey and the hubs all clapping excitedly and making happy sounds. Munchkin gets so psyched! She keeps clapping and smiling. Not to mention kicking her pudgy feet and occasionally screaming. It was awesome. At one point though, I had to stop and think. Here we are thinking we're training her to clap. But I bet in her mind, she's thinking, "Everytime I put my hands together like this, I can get them to do it too. I can make them do what I want. Haha!" So, as for who's training who, I'd say it's debatable.

No comments:

Post a Comment