The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Friday, May 18

Better Day

It's amazing what some time with the hubs and a good night's sleep can do. Today has been much more productive. I haven't had a day like this in, well, a while. I honestly can't remember.  It's been a rough few weeks. The kids went down much better last night. They're still going down later than they used to but it's better.

Unfortunately, the hubs and Moose are going on a father/son campout tonight. So I'll be flying solo with my girls tonight. I'm hoping it'll go alright. I completely rely on him when it comes to nighttime fussiness. We are amazing at complimenting each other when we lose our cool and can't handle it in the bull pen anymore. So cross fingers for me that the girls will sleep through the night tonight so I don't have to handle nighttime grouchiness on my own.

Today we've also got a little dude over at the apartment. I watch him every Friday. Despite the extra work, having another kid over is great. For anyone who doesn't know, having a friend over to play is awesome. The kids are so excited and focused on their little friend that they leave you alone. It's like magic. Now, he's only 2 months older than my Munchkin, so he's still a bit of a handful, but all in all the kids are much less work when he's here.

The work to prepare to move continues. I washed the walls in the hallway today and packed up one more box of books from the kids room. We have just under 2 weeks, and I think things are moving along nicely. Ooh, and today I made a batch of cookie dough (I didn't bake them. I'm giving frozen cookie dough balls to a friend as a housewarming gift.) and some pizza dough for dinner tonight. I'm eating pizza with the kids for dinner, then Moose will leave with the hubs and Grandpa. Then me and the girlies are going to Coldstone. Yeah, you heard me right. Coldstone. I'm hoping that by the time that's all done I'll be able to get their pjs on, put Munchkin to bed and me and Monkey can watch a movie. I think it'll be fun, assuming there's not too much fussing and fit-throwing in-between. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment