The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Thursday, May 17

Can't Stay Away

I know it's been ages since I've blogged here. But I guess I just couldn't stay gone for long. I think about this blog on occasion and how it felt to share the joys and woes of parenthood. I think I've been needing this outlet lately. For the past while now I feel like I've either been supermom or something that's on the other end of the spectrum. I'll spare myself making up horrible titles for it because then I'll be tempted to use them on myself when I'm being that way.

**3 minute break while I soothe crying baby who is devastated that her sister took the remote away from her while said older sister was in the closet in her underwear finding a pair of pants. *5 minute break while I go and soothe baby sister again who was now screaming because her older sister closed her fingers in the pants drawer.**

Anyhow, things lately have been so crazy. We're buying a house, which is great. We move in 2 weeks. I can't wait. Don't get me wrong. I love our apartment of almost 3 years. It's awesome. But 3 children in 1 bedroom just doesn't work well. Lately sleep has been a serious problem. More specifically, me and the hubs not getting enough sleep has been a problem. Even when the kids sleep through the night, our evenings have been so disrupted by them not being able to fall asleep together that we haven't had our usual wind-down time together. By the time we know they're all asleep we're too tired to do anything but just go to bed. Especially in the event that there might be rough patches during the night. Anyway, the house will help fix that since we'll have more than 2 bedrooms. Hallelujah! Not to mention all the other extra space, and the fenced backyard. I'm one happy lady over here. These coming 2 weeks can't come fast enough.

For an update on my crazy zoo of kids: Moose is almost 6 and finishing kindergarten. He loves it! He's so smart and friendly. We are considering homeschool next year. For a myriad of reasons. He says he really wants to homeschool. We'll have the space when we move. This summer will be our decision time. Monkey is now 3 and such a smarty pants. She's still pretty endearing most of the time. We often call her imp. But she likes to yell at me. Not cool. Munchkin is now 13 months.  She's a big gal who can probably walk if she wants to, but refuses to. Her personality emerges more every day and I just adore it. As long as she sleeps nicely. Otherwise, while being cute, she drives me batty.

Me and the hubs are great. Aside from being exhausted 99% of the time, we are so happy. We'll celebrate our 8th anniversary this summer. We had a date a week or so ago. The first one in over a year. It was cut short, but it was still great. We're going to do it again soon since we now know that Munchkin can handle it. Life is amazing. And crazy. Don't forget the crazy part. The kids have a lot to do with that. But I wouldn't have it any other way. Look for more posts from me. I think I need write in here a bit more often for my homemaking-sanity. :)

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean when you say having 3 kids in one room equals sleep problems! I am so excited that you guys get to move in 2 weeks! That will be so nice! : ) Can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete