The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Monday, May 30

Accidents...

Sunday was a day of accidents for our big kiddos. Thankfully, none of them have any permanent damage. But it was just one of those days.

Moose was taking looking for his church clothes in the dryer. Afterwards, he told me he had an owie on his hand. There's a metal grate inside the tumbler. Apparently he put his hand flat on it. So he now has a waffle-like pattern on his hand. The burn wasn't too bad, thankfully. But he has a few blisters. In the end, I don't know if we could've prevented it. I don't know if I ever paid enough attention to the inside of our dryer, so as to tell him not to touch that metal grate. I'm just glad he's going to be alright.

Monkey had a harder time. We were out at a campsite with some family. They had a small pool with paddle boats for kids. It wasn't very deep. The hubs had walked around to the far end to get the paddle boats and push them back to the dock where you can get in them. My sis-in-law was on the dock with the kids. Monkey was there, waiting to get in a boat with someone else. Apparently she wanted to walk over to where the hubs was and (despite the urgings of the hubs, who was a distance away, but saw it coming and tried to get her to stop) she walked right off the dock. She went, more or less, head first into the water.  The hubs and sis-in-law grabbed her immediately and pulled her out. She was soaked from head to toe and pretty shaken up, but overall unharmed. It sure did scare us though. She calmed down pretty quickly and later on told her me, in her own way, about falling into the water.

Sometimes it seems like no matter how careful you are (and we consider ourselves to be pretty cautious parents) accidents can, and will, still happen. I'm just glad my kiddos are fine. Even the smallest scrapes and bruises can make you remember how precious your children are and how fragile too.

On a happier note, I spend most of today running errands on my own! The hubs had work off and so I was able to be out and about if the baby had nursed. I spent the morning running some errands with just Moose. It was very reminiscent of running Saturday errands with my Mom growing up. I got to go to the fabric store and spend some time getting supplies for a project. I also got to go for a run. What a day! Feeling so lucky to have such an amazing (and safe) family!

No comments:

Post a Comment