The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Sunday, May 1

Week 1...

So we survived our first week of the hubs being back at work. I would say that it was a really good week, considering. He didn't get nearly as much time to do lesson planning as he normally would, but he's surviving. We actually had quite a few activities that took up his time at night too, which was unusual. So I actually had a few days where I did dinner solo, and one night when I put the kids to bed alone. But we survived!

Munchkin is doing well. She's still slighlty congested and her darn diaper rash is still lingering. Though it does look better. She's also still gassy on occasion. But I'm hoping that by the time she's 6-8 weeks more of her digestive issues will pass. *pun* As long as nothing strange happens, she goes for 3-4 hour stretches at night. At least her first stretch. And when she nurses the second time, sometimes we can tell she's not waking out of hunger, but something else, because she doesn't act hungry. Or she falls asleep right away and I can't get her to take a full feed no matter what. (Diaper changes included.) But in general she's doing well.

Moose and Monkey continue to be themselves. Monkey's biggest issue right now is screaming to express herself. We're working on that. We've got her "being positive" and saying "yes mama. yes papa" more often. She no longer runs into our bedroom whenever the baby cries. I cured that by offering her a piece of candy whenever she stayed out. I've also been able to pick up Moose from his preschool group without taking both girls into the house by giving her candy. (This is a friend's driveway, not a parking lot situation.) It's so much easier. Whenever I took her into the house to get him, she'd start playing with the other kids and it'd take ages to get them back to the car. I'm totally not above bribery. Especially when it works. Anyway, I prefer to call it a "rewards system".

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment