The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Monday, April 25

Survival...

Not only did we survive today, we did pretty great. Thanks to a wonderful night's sleep last night. (2 good chunks from Munchkin. 3 1/2 hours and then 4.) The older 2 didn't nap, which I could've avoided if I had been more careful. But it worked out since we had some good friends stopping by on their way to visit family and had they napped, they might've missed some of the visit.

Thanks to all who have been sending me encouraging thoughts. I've been reciting them to myself constantly today, and it helped a ton!

My favorite moment today was when I was coming out of my room after having put Munchkin to sleep. I heard the older 2 fighting. I walked into the living room and stopped all fights with a quick, "Hey!" But I didn't want things to escalate or turn into a crying match. So I sat on the couch and had both kiddos come sit with me for some cuddle time. We talked nicely (in nice tones) about what happened and both kids apologized. Then they went back to their activities. It was awesome. It was one of those moments that made me feel like a really good parent for handling a situation the way I did.

Tomorrow will be my first day with all 3 in the car. Just to drive Moose to preschool and pick him up. Nonetheless. Wish us luck. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment