The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Wednesday, April 6

Things You Hear...

There are many a new phrase being heard in our house. Here are the most repeated:

Everytime the baby cries Monkey says, "Baby sad!" or "Help baby!"

Whenever Monkey comes home or wakes up she says, "Hello baby!"

Moose said he "just can't believe his eyes." (Regarding Munchkin being here.) He said it first at the hospital, then again tonight at dinner.

For a day or so there was rejoicing sounds everytime Munchkin made pooping sounds.

We've realized that Monkey has no volume control and does not know how to whisper on demand.

"Mama can't. She's feeding the baby." is becoming a popular one.

I'm sure we'll have other ones that get more popular too. It's just fun to hear the change in vocab around the house. Munchkin had a pretty good night last night, only waking up to eat twice and having a much anticipated poopy diaper. It was also nice because her night started at 11, so it felt close to normal. I think my skin is toughening a bit and the breastfeeding isn't hurting quite as bad. Sometimes I still have to let out a very unattractive grunting/mumbling sound just because. But I don't want the kids to think it hurts or they might be weirded out by the breastfeeding, or not like that it hurts me. Monkey has warmed up to Munchkin significantly and loves to "see baby" and now gives her kisses and asks to hold her. (We asked her to kiss her at the hospital and that wasn't going to happen.)

My mom leaves tomorrow evening. :(  We are really going to miss having her around. But she has another delivery to prep for back home. (My sis is having hers April 21st or so.) Monkey has really gotten attached to her, so I think she'll be sad when she leaves. Moose will be sad for sure. But we're going to be having a family reunion in June, so we'll see her again soon enough.

At least I still have the hubs for 2 more weeks after my mom leaves. I'm certainly not ready to fly solo around the house just yet.

1 comment:

  1. Those saying are funny! I can't wait till my little one is here and I get to hear stuff like that from my kids! I know mom is going miss you guys so much!

    ReplyDelete