The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Tuesday, April 12

Good, Until...

For the most part, today was a great day. Munchkin has been taking great naps in her bassinet. So I was able to do odds and ends around the house all morning and afternoon, leaving me feeling very productive. It was great. I also went for a walk (and ran into my mother-in-law walking too!) and that felt good. The hubs went to a school board meeting this evening, so I was hesitant how things would go. I think that was my first time alone with all 3. (While they were awake anyway.) Everything went really smoothly until it was time to close the door to the kid's room. For some reason, Monkey threw an absolute fit. She's currently screaming at high volumes at the hubs who just walked in. (Fortunately, she's also calming down for him. Versus requesting me.) If it wasn't one thing it was another. I actually had her quiet for around 10 minutes, but then it started all over again. Not horrible for my first time alone with all 3. Perhaps next time won't involve any prolonged periods of screaming. :)  Oh, and I'm pretty sure Moose fell asleep with her screaming inside their room, door closed. He didn't get a nap today (thanks to Monkey) so I guess he was pretty darn tired. He's like me. I slept through earthquakes when I was a kid. He sleeps through screaming fits from his sister. :)

I'm prepping my next blog project. For the moment it looks like it might be a conglomeration project, containing whatever goals, projects, etc. I might be working on. I haven't had a ton of feedback (but from my mom, who of course wants to hear about the kids) about what anyone would be interested in reading about, so anyone who chooses to read will just be stuck with what I put out. We'll see. I'm sure it'll change as time goes on. But it's fun thinking about something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment