The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Sunday, April 17

Happy Birthday Monkey!

Today is Monkey's 2nd birthday. It's hard to believe it's gone so fast. We had a little party this evening with the in-laws. Dinner, cake, ice cream and presents. She has her very first tricycle and helmet. (Even a bell) She's very excited about it. Moose got her a present too. A battery powered bubble gun. That one is a big hit! She also ended up with fridge magnets that are letters and you put them on the base and it'll tell you what letter it is, and sing the alphabet song. Also a hit. I think it was just right for a little 2 year old. We wanted to do something outdoors yesterday, a little park playdate. She loves parks. But, needless to say, the weather was awful. Apparently Spring doesn't want to exist here. So it's just not happening. I'm beyond frustrated with it at the moment. But I appease myself by saying that perhaps it'll be nice in 4 weeks when I'm allowed to exercise. Perhaps.

Well, I'm gonna go help the hubs clean up from the party. Oh, and I'm starting Munchkin on a new daily routine. It includes doing "cluster feeds" in the evening (doing her last few feedings at night closer together) in the hopes that she'll have a longer stretch at night. We'll see!

Happy Birthday Monkey! We love you! (Despite my last post about how absolutely frustrating you are.)
:)

1 comment:

  1. Cluster feeding really helped with my second baby. He actually did it naturally, I just fed him whenever he asked for it. Only problem, though, was that he would cluster feed from like 8 until 11. But then, he slept for a good 7-ish hours most nights.

    ReplyDelete