The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Wednesday, April 13

Ultimatums...

The last two days, Monkey has been having some serious issues going down to sleep. Nap or bedtime. It's been so annoying! She just starts freaking out when it comes time to close the door. Last night, after the hubs came home and calmed her down, she ended up falling asleep with the door open. So fast forward to tonight. I'm singing them songs (the hubs is taking care of Munchkin.) and start closing the door. She starts doing her freak-out thing. At this point, I had had it. So I go and tell her that if she insists on screaming and crying, I am going to take her paci away. We let her keep it this long because it keeps her happy. If she's not going to be happy with it, it's going in the trash. We recently got a book from the library called "Pacifiers are not forever" and it talks about putting them in the trash. (To which she'd always say "no".) So Monkey understood exactly what I was talking about. After a short discussion, I was able to close the door without the screaming and other antics. Yay for that! I'm so glad she's getting old enough to understand certain things. I'll be glad when things around here calm down (as far as transitions with Munchkin are concerned), hopefully her molars will make their debut soon, and the paci can be gone permanently. Soon.

I'm getting my new blog project ready. I know I'm going to be working on health and nutrition (getting back in shape since Munchkin was born), so that will most definitely be a part of what I blog about. But that's more a lifestyle change than anything else. I'm making a list of potential projects I want to work on, and am going to be putting it to a vote. I want to know what projects people would be interested in reading about. I don't know which one I want to do, so I'm opening the decision making to what few readers I have. :) I'm almost to my 365th blog entry, so prepare yourselves to help me start my next writing endeavor!

No comments:

Post a Comment