The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Thursday, April 7

Best Diet Ever...

I had a one week check-up today with my doctor. I was most excited about stepping on the scale to see what kind of damage I had done delivering the baby and whatnot. The exciting number was 15. I lost half the weight I gained during my pregnancy. No complaints there! I'm sure the second half won't fall off nearly as quickly as the first did, but I'm prepared to work harder for it. I can't do any major exercising yet, but I'm going to start walking regularly (hopefully) and keeping an eye on my food intake. Near the end of the pregnancy, I wasn't too fond of some vegetables and when I'm pregnant I never feel the need to force myself to eat anything. But now that I'm not, veggies are back on the menu.

My mom flew out today. We were all super sad to see her go. It was such a great time having her around, and it was amazing how quickly the time went. Fortunately, we can look forward to June when my side of the family has a reunion and we'll see her again for a short while.

So now me and the hubs are on our own. We're trying to prep ourselves to handle everything, but are prepared to be flexible. We want to try and plan ahead as much as we can, where it will make a difference. Like meal planning and whatnot. We're going to try and keep the kiddo's days as normal as possible, even though the hubs is home and not working. That way, when he does go back to work, hopefully the transition won't be as difficult. But in the end, you can only prepare so much. You just have to jump in and see what happens. We'll go with the flow as best we can. Munchkin is doing really well. Now that my milk is in, she's eating well and it seems like she is sleeping deeper too. There's nothing better than a milk-drunk baby. :) I'm hoping her nights stay as reasonable as they have been, and that way we won't be too tired, and I'll only require a small nap, or extra chunk of sleep after the hubs gets up.

Stage 2 is about to begin. Me and the hubs vs. 3 kiddos. Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment