The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Friday, April 22

Test Run: FAIL...

Today we were going to have a test run of what it will be like when the hubs goes back to work. Let's just say it didn't go well. Munchkin has had some congestion lately and it disturbs her nighttime sleeping. I fed her (a "dream feed", she was asleep the whole time) at 10 and then we went to bed. She nursed at 12:15, 1:45, 2:15, 4:15 and 6:30. Some of those earlier times only included nursing on one side, which is probably why she was up again so soon afterwards. But either way, she was congested and we could tell it bothered her a bit. She slept a small bit with the hubs too. Oh, then the kiddos came into our room at 5:55. Yeah. Moose went back to bed, but Monkey is still just too young to grasp that idea. So she laid in bed with us for 30 minutes.

So what was supposed to happen was this. The hubs was going to get up early and leave the house between 6 and 6:30. Then I was going to try the morning out on my own. I ended up "sleeping in" with Munchkin til 8-ish and then the hubs napped from like 10-12 or so. (He still has a small cold too.) Looking past what an undesirable night it was, the day went well.

Munchkin's sad bum rash is almost healed. Hooray!

The hubs goes back to work on Monday. Boo!

I'm sure we'll manage. I wish Monkey would sleep in til at least 6:30, if not 6:45. That would be awesome. But I know I can handle all 3 on my own. I just know I would be freaked out to try and go anywhere with them on my own. But I'll have to end up trying if I want to take Moose to preschool on Tuesday. It'll be such a short drive to and from though, I'm sure we'll all survive.

Tomorrow's Saturday. Easter egg hunt with Grandma and one more relaxing day with the hubs and kiddos before life returns to "work-mode".

No comments:

Post a Comment