The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Friday, April 8

Day One...

Today was our first day of handling the kiddos on our own. It went surprisingly well. The hubs got up with the kiddos and me and Munchkin slept in a little longer. Her night went alright. She's still not feeling the sleep-in-a-bassinet vibe. But she'll get there. The hubs and I talked about what the kiddos daily routines are like so we can try and have things feel as normal as possible. That seemed to help Moose a ton. Monkey is still a bit out of sorts. She's snacking more (our fault) and not eating lunch. But we nipped snacks in the bud after her non-lunch and consequently she ate dinner like a champ. (She still ate her cold lunch after she woke up from her nap, but still kept begging for snacks. We didn't cave and she ended up eating a great dinner of white chicken chili and cornbread, courtesy of the hubs.)

It's hard to believe that one week of the hub's vacation is about gone. 2 more to go. As long as things continue (on average, anyway) to move as smoothly and progress the way they have been I think I'll be able to handle things alright by the time he goes back to work. Munchkin isn't taking as long to nurse as she had been. It's still uncomfortable, but getting significantly better. I'll just be glad when my milk supply regulates and I don't have to deal with the sensation of my milk letting down randomly throughout the day. The kiddos are still handling Munchkin's presence really well. Monkey's been a tad bit clingy with the hubs. I heard her say a few times today, "Carry me." to the hubs. I've never heard her say that before. (Our kiddos tend to be such a good size, we quite carrying them as soon as they can walk.) But all in all, I'd say our one week transition from 2 kiddos to 3 has been pretty amazing. I know we'll still have rough days, but in general I hope that we continue an upward track to re-establishing our family structure with our new little one.

I've almost reached my year mark for this blog. Because I missed days, I'm going to blog a complete 365 entries, even though I've technically reached my year mark already. (A while ago, I think. Hard to believe.) About 9 more or so. I'm considering starting something else, but on a different topic. My ideas vary a lot and I don't have any set topic yet. Any suggestions on something you'd enjoy reading about?

No comments:

Post a Comment