The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Friday, April 1

Still Here...

Today has been slightly different. I'm still having regular contractions, but now they have back labor included too. So not fun. They've been irregular all day. They started around 5 this morning. They've been anywhere from 15 minutes apart to 6 minutes apart. Occasionally I'll have a cluster that's closer together, but they're never as strong, nor do they last as long. I think (gross alert!) I might've lost some of the mucus plug. I don't think that's happened to me before. So that's progress. I've also (gross alert again!) had to deal with bowel movements all day long. It has been highly unusual. But we figure it's all the pressure that's being put down south. I'm sure it's one of those natural things that happens. Just hasn't happened to me before. Although I've never deal with contractions for 5 days straight either. We also think that she dropped a bit. I didn't notice it right off, but my mom mentioned it. So I looked at my profile a bit closer and she does look like she's a little less perky. But I still don't have that "dropped" feeling. It's been a tiny bit frustrating, not knowing what on earth is going on, or how long it will go on. My biggest concern has been whether or not I'll be able to sleep tonight if I didn't go into the hospital by then. (Which I doubt will happen.) As long as I can rest at night, I don't mind the constant contractions and whatnot I've been dealing with. I just want to have energy for when delivery comes. But I'm still feeling patient about waiting til the time is right. *pause for contraction* The hubs is such an amazing labor partner for me. He knows just how to keep me calm. I feel completely ready for the process of labor and delivery. Whenever it decides to really get rolling.

I'm really done talking about this all though. It's all we talk about most of the day, for obvious reasons. But I'm going to go veg out infront of some good shows on tv and eat ice cream now, while having my back massaged. Monkey is doing fantastic now. She did have a night terror last night, but kinda snapped out of it at one point and sat on the couch with us. It was kinda different and odd. But it's happened 3 nights straight. I'm hoping tonight is a no-night terror night. We'll see. Otherwise though, she seems to be back to her normal, very sweet self. It's wonderful. :)

So perhaps tomorrow will be the lucky day? We'll have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment