The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Saturday, April 9

One Week...

Munchkin is officially one week old. It's amazing how much has happened in that one week. We're already feeling more settled back into our normal routines. Monkey seems to be doing much better. She hasn't had night terrors since before Munchkin was born, thank goodness. Moose is doing better too, now that the hubs has picked up the slack with his daily activities since I'm not able to be as much of an active participant. We're taking things one step at a time, keeping on top of what's most important. Which for us is keeping the kids feeling safe and loved, and eating decent meals.

I'm amazed at how much faster my body is rebounding with this pregnancy. It seems to be happening much faster than it did last time. The only thing I can think of to account for that is that I was in much better shape when I got pregnant, and presumably did a pretty decent job of maintaining that during the pregnancy. Granted, I wasn't working out during the pregnancy, but didn't let myself "let go" either. I'm very excited for my 6 weeks to be up so I can begin a more vigorous exercise routine. For now I'm going to try and steal time to go walking during the day. I would've started today, but the hubs needed some time to go in to work and plan his lesson plans for his classes next week. (To give to the sub. He's still on "vacation".)

So nothing startling to reveal. I've still managed to get a lot of reading done. Mostly because I spend a lot of time sitting and nursing the Munchkin. It's kinda nice. Well, I'm off to enjoy an evening with the hubs. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment