The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Monday, April 4

Poop Nazi...

The hubs called me that this evening. (Jokingly.) It was so funny I had to use it as my post title tonight. Otherwise, it would've been something about time marching on. Our lives have not slowed down one bit since we had Munchkin. If anything, they're speeding up a bit. But we've been trying our best to give the kiddos a lot of love, attention and patience to help them deal with all of the many transitions they're dealing with. But they've still been pretty needy and whiny at times. Not all the time, but they have their moments. Tonight was filled with a few of those. Some of it is just bad timing. The terrible twos wait for no man. So we're dealing with Monkey's "No!" issue, as well as a few other things. Moose is being a bit whiny, but we're jumping back into preschool group tomorrow, and hoping that will bring some familiarity and normality back into his daily schedules.

Munchkin is having some issues with poop. She's not handled her business since Sunday morning. If she doesn't by tomorrow we're supposed to take her into the hospital's clinic. But we've been there twice already since leaving. Sunday morning, and today. I really don't want to go back in. So I've been nursing her more frequently to help her pipes get moving, but so far no luck. But let me tell you, the girl has been tooting a storm. And what a smelly storm that is. Eww.

We did have a good night with her last night though. Two big chunks of sleep, from 1:30 to 7:30, with a short pause around 5 o'clock. It was great. I didn't even nap today because I didn't think I needed it, and knew I would be able to fall asleep faster tonight if I didn't.

Munchkin has the hiccups. I've had way too many discussions today involving bowel movements and other bodily fluids. Moose said Munchkin looks like Grandpa because she doesn't have a lot of hair. Everytime I nurse, Monkey says something about "no biting". I feel like I'm about to start counting down til my mom leaves, and it makes me sad. But I still have the hubs for 3 weeks after that, so I know we'll survive.

Here's hoping we have a good night. With a poopy diaper. (Oh, the pathetic desires of parents.)

No comments:

Post a Comment