The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Thursday, April 14

Pooped On and Other Parenting Lessons...

Yup. This morning I was pooped on. I can't say for certain it was the first time. I don't doubt it's happened before. It's not something you remember unless it was extremely memorable. (The hubs has one of those stories. In the end he was in the shower half-dressed, at 4 am, to rinse off what Moose did to him.) But as I was changing Munchkin on the couch, I totally got pooped on. The things about newborns and their pooping is, it almost always comes out in bursts of gas. So not only is she pooping, but it's coming out with big toots, which will literally propel the stuff around. So it got on the couch, my lap, down my leg, and on the floor. Thankfully I was able to spot clean the couch's slipcover instead of having to wash it. Again. (She peed on it sometime last week.) Oh, and after the pooping, she went on to pee. Fortunately, by that time I had so many wipes thrown all over, it didn't get on anything crucial.

The highlight of my day today was when all 3 kids and the hubs were napping. And took really long naps at that. I sat on the couch with a sleeping Munchkin next to me and read my book. (I started it right after she was born and have been reading it while she nurses.

So the other parenting lesson I've been learning is that it's just better to do it right the first time. When Munchkin woke up last night at 11:30, it was earlier than I thought it would be and I wasn't thrilled. So I nursed her on one side. She was totally asleep, as usual, but I didn't want to change her diaper to wake her for more nursing. So I just put her back to bed. But when she only nurses on one side, she won't sleep as long, so she was up within 2 hours. So I nursed her on the other side. But again, didn't want to go through the hassle of a diaper change to rouse her enough to nurse more. So I perpetuated a bad thing. I ended up being up around 4 times before I got a solid feed in her. We ended up having to change her at 4:30 because she had leaked out of her diaper, which gave me the chance to nurse her on both sides. She then proceeded to sleep til 7:45. Then I fed her again, gave her to the hubs and I slept til 10:45.

Monkey is turning 2 on Sunday. And yes, her "terrible twos" have begun. Like saying "no" to everything, multiple times. We're going to try helping her say "yes mama/papa". Half the time she's saying "no", but she doesn't even mean it. The hubs said to me tonight that sometimes it feels like we're dealing with a force of nature. I couldn't agree more. She's very different from Moose. He's a rational kid. I was able to talk to him out of fits and reason with him. Not Monkey. We're just going to have to find other methods that suit her better. I'm sure we will. With time.

So Monday will be my 365th post, if I don't miss any days before then. I've had a few friends tell me how much they enjoy my parenting blogs. I think I will possibly keep them up. But perhaps in a less regular fashion. I still really want a new project to sink my bones into. Parenting is a day to day thing no matter what, but I'm looking for something to do that's for me. We'll see if the new blog is ready to debut soon. Should be interesting. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment