The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Tuesday, May 3

Will I Never Learn...

At a 2 am diaper change last night, I made a crucial mistake. I did not have a diaper under Munchkin. I had removed the dirty diaper and was giving her one last wipe, but didn't put the clean one down. Of course, she proceeded to poop. A lot. It got all over her swaddle. Then as I was trying frantically to figure out what to do with that mess, she peed. A lot. Goodness gracious. I woke up the hubs for help. The other swaddle was in the dryer. Amazingly, her jammies didn't get soiled in any way. That was seriously a miracle. But we had to clean her up, get a clean swaddle, and clean up the mess. We sent a small bundle into the washer immediately. I'm on my third kid. You'd think I had learned this lesson already. Sadly, I'm sure I did already learn this lesson. Probably with each kid. I don't know why I can't remember it. Maybe pregnancy wipes my memories. I know it does wacky things to my brain.

At least I'm done learning that one again.

No comments:

Post a Comment