The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Tuesday, May 24

Alone Time...

This morning started out a little rough for me, since Munchkin has decided she still doesn't know how to nap during the day. (Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful her nights are still great. But still...) Fortunately, things started to level out, but I still wanted some time tonight. I already had plans to attend a bridal shower this evening (which was so wonderful!) but I was planning on taking Munchkin with me. By the time the hubs came home from work after 5, I had dinner cooked (nothing fancy. 4 small pot pies from the freezer.) and I was dressed in my running clothes. As soon as dinner was done, I went on a short run (which felt SO good!) came home, pumped some milk (the hubs really wanted me to be able to go to the shower alone. So I did!) and left for the bridal shower. It was so awesome to have so much time to myself. I desperately needed it. I'm so grateful for a hubs who's thinking about my well being. Alone time is so rejuvenating. (And by alone time, in this context, I mean time without kids!)

No comments:

Post a Comment