The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Saturday, May 21

Phases...

With little ones, they grow so fast and change so quickly, it's hard to keep up. Once you think you have things figured out they change. This doesn't really get much better as they grow up, but with they're small, the phases tend to be shorter.  Munchkin just had a growth spurt. I think, anyway. They say newborns have a growth spurt between 6 and 8 weeks. She's 7 weeks today. This whole week her sleeping and eating habits have been pretty different. She hasn't been sleeping well during the day. (Thankfully her nights have stayed good.) She was also nursing a bit more frequently. But I was prepared for that and tried to nurse her more often to help increase my milk supply. But as of yesterday and today, it feels like she's going back to normal. Today she had 2 amazing naps at home where she slept solidly for 2 hours. She probably would have for her other naps too, but we were going to and fro a little bit. It seems like she's a different baby just a bit. I'm so glad! I hope this sticks and she doesn't go back to the way it was this week. As I'm so excited for her to be out of her growth spurt and sleeping more soundly, being a bit easier to handle, I have to anticipate that soon enough she'll hit another developmental something that will disrupt her days or, forbid, her nights. Nonetheless, I'll enjoy her in this calm place while I can. With children, the only certainty is change. So you just have to enjoy the good stretches while they last. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment