The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Friday, May 20

Transitions...

It seems like the transition from 2 kids to 3 has gone pretty smoothly. Sleep isn't too hard to come by, thankfully. Munchkin is pretty great at nights. She had a rough week, but it seems like it might've been a growth spurt, which I was anticipating at this point. It seems like she might be coming out of it, and her naps are getting better and she's still doing great at night. Monkey hasn't woken up at night for a while, thank goodness. That was hard. Moose has been my biggest problem lately. He's been whiney, and it seems like nothing is ever enough for him. He always wants more computer time, more time to play, more, more, etc. But as me and the hubs have been talking about it, we've realized he's gone through so much. Although he handles change like a real champ, it's still a big change. Just today I was doing some things with him and was interrupted multiple times by a fussing baby who was supposed to be napping. He handled it well, but I could tell he was frustrated and felt pushed aside. After really taking notice, I realized that his behavioral issues could very well be his way of dealing with everything that's going on. So I've made a mental decision to give him a bit more slack. I'm not going to let him get away with things, mind you. It's beyond me to do that. But I think I'm going to ease up on my knee-jerk disciplinary reactions to him. (I'm totally guilty of knee-jerk reactions. Just ask the hubs.) Hopefully my recognition of this will help me to be a bit easier on him, which might hopefully ease up his intense whininess/spoiled brat attitude. Here's hoping. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment