The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Monday, March 14

It Begins...

Last night was a little late for us, so I opted out of blogging to get me in bed asap. We had a fun family dinner, and the kiddos stayed up late. Monkey ended up whacking her head on the edge of a metal desk, giving her a small owie above her eye. It was really sad, but she recovered quickly. (Faster than her Grandpa, who was playing with her at the time. But I find I'm the same way.) She's got a pretty scab today, and it will take a while to go away, I imagine. But no bruising or swelling. Yay for that.

Today was the first of a busy week for us. I had a make-up piano lesson from my one student. She'll be back on Thursday for her regular lesson. Then I had my anticipated doctor's appointment. I say anticipated, but not really. I was just eager to see if my body was beginning to gear up for labor. Which it is. Yay. A week and a half ago, I was not dilated or effaced at all. As of today, I'm dilated to 1, and effaced 75%.  So my body's been doing something to get ready this last week and a half. I imagine by the time I go in next week, I'll be progressed just a little bit further. I've learned (since this is my third) that dilated and whatnot doesn't really mean much at this point, but I'm happier knowing my body is getting ready, versus being at 39 or 40 weeks with nothing having happened. That would feel frustrating. Being a VBAC, I can't be induced for fear of rupturing the uterus, so I have a very literal deadline of April 8th. Then I'm in for a c-section. I don't anticipate that happening, but you never know. So for me, any progress keeps me positive and upbeat. I'll be back in next Tuesday for another appointment.

Tomorrow is another busy day for us. I'm doing my last week hosting our preschool group before the baby comes. So I'll have 3 kiddos plus Monkey running around. (One is gone, so that's nice in a way.) Then tomorrow evening I'm attending a dinner at church for the ladies, so it'll be a ladies night out for me. So, not too busy. But there's two or more things for the rest of the days this week. I welcome the busyness though. It keeps my mind off of wanting to go into labor already. It's really just a waiting game at this point since I feel ready, the house is ready, the hubs and the kids are ready. But she won't come until she's ready, so the rest of us just get to wait.

11 days til my Mom comes. (Yippee!) 18 til the baby comes. (Hooray!)

No comments:

Post a Comment