The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Saturday, March 12

Money Treasure Game...

The hubs officially wins creative parent of the year award from me. He suggested playing a family game tonight. So we popped some popcorn (the kids were probably more excited for that than anything else) and pulled out our Monopoly board. (Which happens to be some Super Bowl version.) He proceeded to make up a game for them to play, letting them roll the dice (Monkey very carefully placed them in the middle of the board instead of rolling them.), move their pieces and earn rewards. They sometimes had to sing songs, or act out like animals. Like when Monkey landed on the Cardinals, she had to fly around like a bird. Anyhow, it was such a simple thing, but the kiddos loved it and really had a blast. Moose named the game the "money treasure" game, so he can request it again in the future.

I've been feeling really well the last few days. Today I had a momentary lapse of "I want to have the baby already" but not out of frustration or discomfort, just an eagerness. I feel like at this point it's purely a waiting game. I feel ready, the kids are excited, so now we just get to wait. Granted, I'll feel better about it all once my mom is here, but that's a little less than 2 weeks from now. I try to do something every day to feel like I'm getting ready. The crib has been set up for months, the clothes, blankets and whatnot out for weeks. I've been putting the final touches on our hospital bag. I've got my labor music on my mp3 player. I've got a baby book. I suppose we still need to borrow my bro-in-law's bassinet. We keep forgetting to mention it. Although his kiddos have been sick, so it's okay waiting. I'm starting to mentally prep myself. Positive thinking and all that. (For the pain of labor and whatnot.) I fully plan on getting some meds to help out. Last time I had an intrathecal, which was a non-permanent epidural. I really liked it. But if you get it too soon, it might wear off before the delivery, which I most certainly don't want. So I figure I have to hold out long enough to make it last through delivery. With Monkey I had it when I was dilated to about a 5 or so, and I delivered maybe an hour or hour and a half later. It was still fully functional, which was awesome. I loved being able to deliver without worrying about pain.

Tonight we're setting the clocks ahead. Don't forget. This can always do some serious damage to kid's schedules. We try our best to go with the flow. But we get them adjusting as quickly as possible. It seems like this change can be a bit easier since it makes it seem like they sleep in for a while. But you just have to adjust so they're not going to bed super late. I'm sure it'll be a struggle for a few days, but I'm glad we have enough time to adjust before the baby's born.

13 days til my Mom comes. 20 days til the baby comes!

No comments:

Post a Comment