The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Wednesday, March 2

Owies...

Today was a day of owies for Monkey. She literally had 3 breakdowns within 15 minutes while I was cooking dinner. This morning, she fell next to the piano and hit the corner of the piano leg with the side of her head. She had a nice white welt after that one. My favorite of the day was when she got mad at me for taking her off the table (she was literally laying on the table, which is not allowed, and didn't take my offer to get off on her own.) so she ran full speed into the kitchen and right into the oven door. Her forehead hit the long handle for opening the oven. It was so sad and so pathetic. Even better, she was mad at me - since the whole thing was my fault - so Moose had to comfort her and make her feel better. She can be so much more dramatic than Moose ever was at this age. Must be a girl thing. :)

I've had my own share of owies too, unfortunately. The last few nights I've been unable to lay on my side without a nasty pain in my right rib. So last night I did my best to lay on my back (propped up, of course) the whole night. For me, that's just not natural. So I slept much better than the night before, but still not great. But I've been dealing with the rib pain for a large portion of the day. (I always forget to even try tylenol during the day. It might not even help, but I need to remember to try.) Then by the time the kiddos went to bed, my back was hurting too. Fortunately, a nice long - hot - bath helped the back pain. It doesn't help the rib pain. I've tried. I'd have to be in a jacuzzi sized tub for it to help that, I think. This discomfort is making me feel more and more ready for this little lady to be out.

Now I just have to prep myself for the pain of labor. I haven't mentally geared myself up for it yet, and when I was thinking about it earlier today I was feeling less than ready. But I've done it before, I can do it again. 4 more weeks. 3 more til Mom comes. We're officially counting down til she gets here. (me and Moose) 23 days. :) I told Monkey she was coming and she got so excited. I doubt she really remembers my mom, but I know they'll have a blast. Well, I'm going to go veg on the couch until the hubs gets home. Perhaps chew on a tums. Doctor's visit tomorrow. Every week now. Oh goodness. :)

PS, I was totally prepped to blog last night, but the internet was on the fritz. I wasn't just being lazy.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment