The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Friday, March 18

Weekend...

I'm so glad it's the weekend. This week still wasn't as busy as I thought it would be, although the hubs did go and help out with more set-up stuff for his bro and got home kinda late. I spent the day attempting to entertain my kids while reading books. I think I'm getting a little tired of being pregnant. Just a little. Low on comfort, energy, motivation, etc. So I guess I'm mostly glad for the weekend so the hubs will be around to pick up my slack. I get the necessities done, but I can tell the kiddos are feeling a lack in the activity department.

My mom officially comes in one week. Woohoo! And we don't have much going on this week, so I'm hoping it will be pretty darn relaxing. Who knows, in the end, but that's my hope. That means only 2 weeks left for me! I'm also hoping it will be slightly less than that. Again, you never know with this sorta thing. But I'm hopeful. I've been able to tell that some of my contractions are slightly stronger. Not painful or taking my breath away. But now I notice it before I get the urge to pee. Before, I would think to myself, "I need to pee. Oh, it's just a contraction." I'm hoping I'll be dilated to at least a 2 by Tuesday at my appointment.

We're hoping to visit the hospital tomorrow. Perhaps their rooms won't be filled with other ladies who have already delivered so I can check one out. I need to register too. Darn all the paperwork and whatnot that's involved with this!

So, so excited for this pregnancy to be winding down, and for our new little one to be joining the fam. I know the kiddos are super excited. I'll be glad to have most of my body back, even if it means I'll be trading for breastfeeding. The physical discomfort that can come from that is so much less than pregnancy, it's really a win-win for me.

Perhaps we'll start taking bets on things. Like when she'll come? I'll have to take a day and make my guess. But I'm thinking on the early side. Monkey was 5 days early. 4 days early sounds about right... Can't wait to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment