The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Thursday, March 17

Not So Busy...

We were fully anticipating this week to be our super crazy week. Granted, yesterday was probably our busiest day since the hubs took off in the evening to help his brother. But in general it hasn't been half bad. Half of the things we had planned took less time or were cancelled, or just weren't as stressful as they could've been. But it's still helped the week to go faster. Yay.

I hosted my last day of preschool today. At least til I'm back on my feet post-baby anyway. Then we all napped together. Miss Monkey woke up shortly after 4 crying and when the hubs went in, she ran away from him screaming "MAMA!" She's done that to me. It makes you feel awesome. (sarcasm much?) So I went in and got her calmed down. Then she was whimpering at 5:30 when the hubs got up for work. So I went in again. She was sitting up but basically asleep. So I got her back down and went back to bed. But for every wake up I have with them, it takes me double that time to get back to sleep. So nap for me was necessary. That was really the extent of our busyness today, however. The hubs is staying home tonight, to give us some family time. Last normal night we had was Monday. (That's quite the long time for us home-bodies.)

Tomorrow we actually have nothing going on. So me and the kiddos are gonna do a quick shopping trip, and then spend the day at home. I'm looking forward to it. (Not the grocery store part, but the staying at home part.) I'm still ready to have this baby. Last night I was had a few contractions within the span of an hour that were slightly more noticeable than normal. It was kind of exciting. But I know my body's just gearing up. As hard as it feels sometimes to wait 2 more weeks, I know that it's plenty of time and I'm in no rush. I think I'll spend the next while getting psyched up for delivery. So I don't wuss out and ask for meds right away. Not that anyone who does that is wussy. It just works with our current philosophy of how my body works and does labor/delivery. I want to wait as long as possible before getting my intrathecal-so it doesn't wear off before I deliver. Anywho...

8 days til my mom comes. Holy cow! 15 til the baby is due. Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment