The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Thursday, March 3

Using Our Time...

So the other day (when the internet went on the fritz) I had a blog all planned out. So I'm going to share it today. Lately I've had a pretty genius idea that I stumbled upon but has been awesome. It's a new way for using Moose's computer game time and movie/show time. He gets 1 hour of computer games each day and 2 hours for tv/movies. (His longest movie is 2 hours. Cars.) On occasion he would get so bummed out because he'd use all his computer time at once, and then not be able to play the rest of the day. So the change we've made is, I give him computer, and occasionally tv watching, in 20 minute increments. It works awesome for his computer time. When he is watching episodes of shows (lately it's been 1984 Transformers via Netflix) they're generally about 20 minutes. He rarely watches movies anymore, so this works great. In between his computer or tv time, he'll do school activities (practicing writing, activity books, reading, etc.) or just have active playtime alone or with Monkey. Normally he's not allowed to do either tv or computer back to back anyhow, just as policy. But this really spreads his inactive time throughout the day instead of clumping it into big chunks, and I've found that there are days now when he doesn't even use all the time. Like today. He only used 40 minutes of computer time, and maybe one hour of tv time. All of which were spread out throughout the day. And it gets him doing more of his school activities at home, which is always a plus. As I've gotten further along in the pregnancy we've done less of our school stuff. But he really enjoys it when I buckle down and do it. His reading is improving dramatically as well as his writing. And I feel better when I can keep him doing productive things, outside of sitting on the computer or infront of the tv. I know once spring and summer hit, that won't nearly be as much of a problem, but it's still nice to keep him more active now.

I had my doctor's visit today. I'll be back there next Thursday. My weight gain is now around 24 pounds. As of tomorrow I'll have 4 weeks left. 22 days til my Mom arrives. The rib pain is still there, although not nearly as bad as yesterday. Yesterday was pretty awful. Since I had to get a "lady swab" done to make sure I don't have some bacterial deal (which I've not had for my previous two kiddos) the doc asked me if I wanted to be "checked". (To see if I'm dilating or effacing yet. Pre-delivery preparations.) I figured, why not? So she did. Nothing yet. Which is good. It's a bit early for me to start dilating. She did say things were soft, which I take to mean that the effacing should move along as the weeks whittle down. So far that's the pattern for me. I'll be totally effaced, and just dilate a tiny bit. Then when labor picks up, I'll dilate super fast, and it'll be pure pressure as the head moves south. So great to think about, I know. But I think I'm finally figuring out how I do labor and delivery. As long as this little one doesn't try to throw any curve balls. Like being breech. But let's not think negatively, shall we?  I've had such an awesome pregnancy. I know I'll be uncomfortable until she drops, which will probably be in 2 weeks. And after that I'll be much more comfortable. So I'll deal with these 2 weeks, and then take it from there. Until then, tylenol and tums will be my good friends. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment