The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Wednesday, February 17

Let it begin...Let it begin!

You'll have to excuse me for frequent (though often relevant) quoting from children's movies. As is implied by the blog title and description, I am a mother. Hence, I have seen and have memorized multiple Disney/Pixar films. Having a very good memory does not help me in my plight to not memorize everything my son watches. Anyway, on to more important things. This is my new project. I would like to say I was inspired by the movie Julie/Julia, but I really only watched the trailer. It is in my netflix queue, however, and after watching the trailer swiftly moved up the list. Nonetheless, I was inspired by it and wanted to do some sort of self-improvement/project/experiment/something I could share with other people. This is eventually what I came up with.

Introduction:
I am a young (about to turn 26) mother of two. I've been married for 5 1/2 years. Our son, Moose (for the purposes of this blog, the innocent, and often guilty, shall remain "nicknamed") is currently 3 1/2. Monkey, our daughter, is 10 months old (today, actually). So I've not been at this parenting thing too long. But for those of you who are in my situation, you can appreciate that it still feels like a long time. Well, at least some days it feels like I've been at this a long time.

So, the ultimate goal and purpose of this blog is to:
1. Give a real life, day to day, and very honest portayal of motherhood. In all its glories and not-so-glories.

Okay, that's mostly it. No #2 just yet. Maybe eventually I'll think of one, but for now, that's it. I do plan to post once a day. This is my personal goal. However, with the way kids are, I might end up with material for more than one. But certainly once a day. (Although that once may be at night, after kids are asleep, and after having had some quiet time with the hubby.) So, I guess I did have a #2:
2. Post once a day.
There.

Now, to preface every post to come from here on out, I am not a perfect parent. Woo. That feels better. That said, I will probably get on a soap box occasionally about things we do with our kids that I think are superior to something else. Well, I might not to that, but I might pat myself on the back about things anyway. I might also put my children on pedestals. Before I was a parent, or maybe when I was a real newbie parent, I used to say that I wouldn't make the mistake of thinking my children are angels, that they don't do anything wrong, that they are smarter than other kids, etc. As much as I still try to live by that mantra, I don't do it all the time. In my 3 1/2 years parenting I have learned that pretty much every parent does and will think that, if not from time to time. I've decided it's healthy. As long as I don't think it blindly 100% of the time. I will also, likely, bite myself in the bum from time to time. It's natural.  That'll be the beauty of this. Very honest, very real. It may take me a while to get the real feel for it, but I really want to portray life as a stay at home mom (a phrase I don't really like, but it serves a purpose I suppose). There are so many things about motherhood that are distorted, misrepresented, or just not talked about at all. I plan to.

Well, it's mid-afternoon, after a failed attempt at nice naps for the kids. So I suppose I need to go. I have some parenting to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment