The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Wednesday, February 24

There goes that goal...

I suppose I should know that goals in the parenting-world should always be expendable. I wanted to post every day for 1 year on the life of a parent. I missed a day. Welcome to the life of parenting.

Well, this is going to be for yesterday. Compared to the monstrous day before, yesterday was fantastic. Even if the day before had been pretty good, yesterday was still great. It consisted of no yelling/spanking/time outs. We all went to storytime with pretty relative success. (Moose actually sat with the kids and actually listened to the books they were reading.) Both kids took a nap, together. Need I say more? Good day. And then we succeeded with a good dinner, kids down at 7, and two episodes of Lost for me and hubs. Woowee! I was in such a happy fog, I see now why I forgot to post. I wasn't brooding over any parenting issues/kid struggles. At the time there was nothing nagging me to write about. A good thing, I suppose.

I light of such a nice day with the gems, here's a funny moment to share. When kids get a little bit older, the vocab starts to build, they start to do some darn funny things. Here's one of Moose's:

As we are driving home from the library, he announces (slightly panicked) "I gotta go pee!" We live pretty darn close to the library, so I'm hollering over my seat "Hold it!" In an effort to help him forget his need to pee, I tell him to sing songs. Something we've done before with success. (He's never peed in the car, and I don't want to start now.) So he starts singing "You are my sunshine", one of his favorites. However, his version has a little spin on it. "You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. You make me happy, when pee stays in."

Aren't kids great?

No comments:

Post a Comment