The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Thursday, February 18

ME time away from the kids...

I love how I talk about taking that ME time and using it for something you want to do that's just for you. During today's nap I totally ended up cleaning, did the kid's laundry, and rearranged some things in the living room, and did the dishes. But the thing is, I wanted to do them. That's why it was relaxing.

The kicker for me, and I've only just learned to do this, and that I need to do this, is time away from the kids, and by away, I mean distance. Thursday night is volleyball night. I just started going this past fall.  For a while I didn't think I had that need to be physically away. I don't have many other outlets for exercise (especially in a winter that's snow from December to who knows when) so I used it for that purpose. However, as I've gone more and gotten to know the girls I play with better, I've realized that it's now a necessary part of my week for me. It gets me away from the kids, completely out of my mind *not wondering if they're going to interrupt my shower* and I can do something I enjoy. That's relaxing. And it occasionally kicks my butt too, which I need every now and then.

So here's a glory from today:

1. Glorious: Moose came up to me today with a big grin on his face and says: "Hola Mama. Como estas?" (We do some home pre-school stuff every day. Nothing fancy. But these are the latest words he's learned.) It was so darn cute. Made me feel good.

It was a good day. Not too many complaints. I'm sure I'll have some tomorrow... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment