The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Saturday, February 27

Looking back...

So I got to see some more old videos of Moose when he was just a youngin' (around 1 year old) and boy was it strange to see. I don't see much of who he is now, but I see more of Monkey (same age area, maybe that's why.) It's so nice to look at how little they were, how far they've come. What a blast.

It's also nice to see how far I've come as a parent. I still have so far to go, but I must occasionally pat myself on the back. I've come a long ways.

Now vs. Then (When Moose was born)
Now, I only have a PJ day like once a month (if that, and usually due to sickness with me or kids, or a day when I have to finish a book)
Then, I was lucky to get dressed pretty much every day
Now, I cook meals every day, my kids eat a balanced diet, and I am getting a lot closer to balanced as well.
Then, well, baby food is pretty simple to keep a balanced diet for kids, but cooking was a low priority, and a balanced diet was even lower.

A few of the stark differences. I still have a lot of changes I would like to make to myself, personally, as a parent, as a spouse, as an individual. Lots of changes to be made. But, I'm so happy with how far I've come, and that I'm bringing my gems with me. Me and my hubs have been through a good amount of stuff (nothing big, but moving, and lots of educating) but I am so happy with where we are as a family. It may not make every day easier, but every now and then, when I take a moment, it makes me feel really good.

Lesson to be learned: take time to reflect and relish in your accomplishments, in how far you've come. Don't dwell on any negatives. Just learn the lessons you need and feel good about what you've done. If you have a hard time thinking of good things, ask your spouse or a good family member/friend. After a while, you'll be able to do it yourself. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment