The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Saturday, February 27

You are what you eat...

Or in parenting, your kids are what you feed them. I was talking with my hubs about our diet (not as in a diet, but as in what we eat) and was remarking how pleased I am with how it's changed over the last year. We eat way more vegetables and fresh fruit, and I am pleased with how we're teaching our gems to eat well. Tonight for dinner, we made a what's in the fridge soup, with chicken, hot dogs (I know, weird, right? But the soup was good.) mushrooms, corn, green chiles, broccoli, celery, garlic, and minced onions, plus some seasoning. Anyway, we made this random soup and we were pretty pleased with ourselves. We used a white bean chili recipe we got from my hub's brother. Anyway, in the original recipe there are beans, but we chose to leave them out.

The point to all of this babble is that as we were prepping Moose for what dinner was and had told him at least twice what was in the soup, he says "I want beans in my soup. I like beans in my soup."

My kid wanted to eat beans. I must be doing something right.

No comments:

Post a Comment