The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Friday, February 19

No really, you'll like this...

I just love it when I have to coerce my children to do something that I know they'll love. Take today for example: It's midwinter (in the North West US, which means snow for another 1-2 months at least) but for some amazing reason the sun is shining and the ice outside (no, it's not snow anymore, just large heaps of ice) is actually melting. So I say, "Let's go outside and play!" Thinking for sure Moose will be all over that. ... Nope. After much coercion and cajoling, he finally agreed. He had a great time.

Next is Monkey. It's time for lunch, we've been out all day long, and I know the little gal is hungry. But will she eat her food? ... Nope. After much fanangling, vehicle sounds, and ridiculous faces from Mama, the child finally decides she will eat the food I'm spooning and downs the whole jar.

Who knew Moms know what they're talking about? What a wild idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment