The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Tuesday, March 2

A little effort...

In the past few weeks, I've started doing "school" with Moose every morning (although we've started taking a day off once a week.) Anyhow, I started doing it because he was always spinning his wheels and bugging me to do things with him, and not entertaining himself at all. So now we have some structured time and he enjoys his non-structured time a little bit better.

The past two days I've gotten a bit sick. But I am so afraid to skip a day because I don't want to ruin the good thing we have going. I woke up the worst so far this morning, but was still determined to do school. Before we started school, if I needed it for whatever reason, I would nap with Monkey during her morning nap and let Moose watch a movie. It's great that I can do that if I need to, but I didn't want to today. That's a pretty big deal for me. I'm a pretty much a lazy gal. Self-interested, looking out for number 1. Not completely, but when it comes to sleep and avoiding wrestling with Moose, I'm pretty lazy.

So today I was determined. I managed to get a shower in with both kids awake and playing in the living room (a first!). Then we did school, got Monkey to bed, and activities were done with her still sleeping. So I let Moose have some computer time (He amazes me. He works the favorites bar where he has his own folder of child-appropriate game sites. He completely surfs Playhouse Disney, and PBS Kids all by himself. So neat.) and went to lay down on my bed with the baby monitor until Monkey woke up. I didn't expect much, since she had been in bed for just over an hour. I didn't even think I'd fall asleep. Amazingly, I did. It felt like a nice nap. It was only 30 minutes at most. But I felt so refreshed. It was great.

The rest of the day remained slightly stressful as the hubs had to stay late to prepare for a observation at work, and we had to run to the store since our food is running extremely low (and you just can't run out of milk. It's wrong.) However, I am extremely pleased with what I accomplished even though I feel kinda icky.

Glory: Playing with Monkey on my bed. It was really precious. She's been pretty sicky lately and has a nasty cough. But she's still perky and a trooper most of the time. She's been a bit clingy to me today (somewhat unusual) and wanted to be wherever I was. So we played on my bed a bit. It was really sweet.

Silly Kid Moment: Moose loves the song "You are my Sunshine". He occasionally changes the lyrics to express his mood. I believe I mentioned one last week or so. Anyhow, he did it again today. We're driving home from Hubs' work and Monkey had pretty much lost it. She wanted cuddling and wanted it now. So we start singing. It always calmed her down when she was little, and actually still works if she's not gone off the deep end yet. So they started singing you are my sunshine. Here's what Moose sang: "You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. Please stop crying, cause I'm getting a little bit mad."

No comments:

Post a Comment