The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Tuesday, March 16

What makes a good day...

Today was a good day. Sometimes I'll think about what makes a good day. Here's a few things:

A successful outing: We went to the library and checked out some books and videos. I always feel like a productive mom when I get the kids out.

Do something special for the kids: After the library I took them to the park for lunch and playing. Moose "fished" in the pond for a while with a long stick. They got to pet a little puppy and enjoy some natural sunlight for a while.

Successful naps: That always makes for a good day.

Playing with the kids: As part of school today, me and Moose played games. We played Simon Says and Red Light, Green Light. It just feels good to do games and play specifically with the wants and needs of your child in mind. I guess it makes me feel good because it's more selfless on my part then I usually am with their playing needs.

Successful bedtime: This isn't a huge problem in our house, but it's such a nice cap on any day. Kids get teeth brushed, books read, songs sung, and a kiss goodnight.

So today was a good day. And to put an end cap on the day, here's my favorite quote from today, said by me to Moose at the park. "Don't poke the goose with the stick." *form mental image here.* :)

No comments:

Post a Comment