The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Thursday, March 11

Milestones...

Twice over. Every milestone your first kid reaches is picture/phone call worthy. They're all so exciting. Now that I'm doing it the second time, it's still just as exciting, but it's a whole other experience.

First off, Monkey is like half the size Moose was at the same age. He didn't walk til he was 15 months, she walked at 11. It's so hard not to compare your kids. And it's not entirely all bad, I think. As long as you're not weighing one over the other.

As Monkey is almost turning 1, I'm realizing that she's not a baby anymore. She still looks so small to me, and everytime I pick her up I'm amazed at how light she is. (She's not a total lightweight. She weighs 20 lbs. Moose was just like 25-30 by now. I'm not really sure, but I didn't carry him if I could've avoided it back then.) Still, I can see how much she's understanding and how much she's really aware of and sometimes it astounds me.

We're starting to emphasize sign language with her. Moose learned it shortly after he turned 1 and it was really such a great tool. It helped so much. She's being a bit fiesty about it. But the understanding is there, and I'm sure it won't be long before she's signing for more, milk, all done, etc. It's hard to believe she's almost 1.

This year with her has gone by way faster than Moose's first year. I'm sure part of that is that I have Moose here to keep things moving. I'm sure it's also because I know more what I'm doing, so things run a bit smoother around here.

I'm excited for her to turn 1, but at the same time it feels weird that my baby isn't a baby anymore.

I'm exhausted. Tonight was my night out (a real essential for moms to have. However often, you need one!) and I play volleyball. My feet are aching and I have 80's songs running through my head. I hope I can go to sleep. I'll be good and post tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment