The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Tuesday, March 23

Sick, again...

So this morning both kiddos woke up with coughs. They've never gotten sick together before. I can say we were less than thrilled, since we just got everyone healthy. So we took a sick day (not the hubs, just us who are normally at home anyway) and all stayed in our jammies and watched movies. (Except Monkey that is. She could've cared less about the movies.)

The only downer to today, was that since the kids were having a downer day, I followed suit. I'm not sick (although I do feel a bit congested. I can't decide whether it's sympathy-sick or the real deal.) It really got me in a not so productive mode for the day.

So I've decided that from now on, even if my kiddos are sick, I will not act sick, and stay in my jammies, etc. but will get ready for my day and get busy. Don't get me wrong, I love a good jammie day every now and then, but only when I decide I want one, not because my kids are having one so I just decide to be lazy and not get dressed.

Kid moment: My son had his first overflowed toilet today. A momentous thing, right? Except he didn't see it happen, didn't know it happened. I walked in the bathroom some time later and discovered a bathroom floor soaking wet.

A more silly one: Today Monkey (the sicker of the two) had a grand ol' time walking up and down the living room/kitchen wearing Moose's binky (a small yellow blanket with a duck head on it.). I called it a binky hat. I'd put it on her and she'd walk up and down the rooms, give it back to me, then I'd put it back on her head and she'd do it over again. It was so darn cute.

She also clapped for the first time today. She stood infront of the opening song for a veggie tales video and clapped for a good ten seconds. It was awesome. (Too bad I couldn't find my camera until she was done clapping and resumed hitting herself in the head instead.)

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if this comment will post? I left a huge old long comment a couple weeks ago and just found out it didnt post :(
    That is so cute that she clapped. I love that she had so much fun with the binky, too bad you didnt get that on camera either.

    I also love the show me dont tell me. we are going to start using that one. we have the same conversation over here.

    Sorry everyone is sick again, hope you all feel better and stay better soon!

    ReplyDelete