The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Wednesday, March 3

Sick Days...

I was recently talking with some other women about sick days. They all work at an Elementary School and have "sick days" to take off work. You know what I'm talking about. Anyway, I said "Moms need sick days." I knew I was coming down with something at the time, but it really hit me like a ton of bricks the next two days. Today was my sick day. At first I thought, although I don't get sick days, at least I can keep my pajamas on if I want to. However, after just finishing my first real sick day in a while, I have decided I hate being sick. I've never been one of those people who gets sick of being sick. My hubs totally is. However, after today I have officially changed sides. Today was one of those days you don't picture when you first plan having kids.

When the kids are up, you have to be up, whether or not you're ready. You then have to stay awake while they are, or if you're lucky like me, you take a nap with the little one, while the older one watches Blues Clues episodes in succession on Netflix Instant Watch. Then you continue to plunk your way through the day, avoiding as much playing as possible, wanting desperately to veg on the couch. (Which I might have done, but we only get 2 tv channels. And neither of them have anything worth watching during the morning or afternoon anyway.) So what you end up doing is putting half your effort into taking care of your kids and half your effort into vegging out because your sick. It's so frustrating to not put your full effort into one or the other. Fortunately, after my hubs came home and we had dinner, he let me veg out on the bed with our portable DVD player and the one chicky-flic we own. (A decent one, but pretty old. Although I do enjoy a young Jude Law. However, if we had a laptop with wifi, I would've been watching "Penelope" on Netflix instant watch.)

So I've determined to not be sick anyway. If I can't put all my efforts into vegging out and being sick, I'm just not going to be sick anymore. We'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment