The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Tuesday, March 9

She's alive...

So it seems that Monkey is one the mend. Finally! Her hives are almost gone, as are most of her other symptoms. She only coughs occasionally now. It's not like this illness was interrupting her sleeping. That would've been a serious problem. But still, it's nice to see kids perk up when they're finally on the up swing. Today was the first day in over a week she didn't cry when the hubs left for work. Even Moose said, "She didn't cry when Papa went to work!" It was becoming quite the trend.

Not much remarkable happened today. But there were enough small moments to make it a great day. Making a sea anemone with Moose using playdoh and my garlic press, sitting on the kitchen floor, with Monkey in my lap, pretend feeding myself and her with a (clean and sterilized) bubble wand and empty bowl, watching part of Toy Story 2 with Moose while he snacks on carrots before bed. As I was sitting on the floor with Monkey, pretending to eat something with a bubble wand, I couldn't help but just laughing. It was such a sweet, tender moment. As I looked around, I saw all the legos and blocks on the floor. It reminded me of something I've thought before.

Whenever someone asks me, "How do you have time for that?" "How do you do all that with two kids, and a husband?" I always think to myself, my house isn't always clean, I don't always get time to do myself up each day, there are a lot of things that might be daily necessities for other people, that for me get passed over. I don't mind. The things that are "misses" in my daily life, are not nearly as important as the "hits" that I get. I spend tons of quality time with my kids. I try to play with them (sometimes it gets a bit boring for an adult, but I do try.), I keep them as busy as I can. Each day I try to make them laugh, and smile. Meals are not always elaborate (although I do try to keep them healthy and balanced.) and the counters are not always clean. Nor are the toys always put away. But the important things stay important. And we're happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment