The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Thursday, December 2

0-Me, 1-Someone Else...

I'm going to sum today up, then drown my sorrows in a bowl of vanilla, chocolate syrup and whipped topping.

I was woken up by Moose, who had shoved a small plastic something up his nose. Fortunately I was able to remove it, using a dull-tipped crochet needle. Thank goodness. No trip to the ER today.

Naptime was a total bust. Monkey is just not digging the idea of napping on that mattress. So after 1 1/2 hours, I put Moose to bed in my room (he was such a trooper the whole time) and locked her in her room. She fell asleep within an hour or so. Unfortunately, I went to check on her after a long quiet period, only to realize she was asleep against the door, and I stirred her. She fussed, went back to sleep for 20 minutes, until Moose woke up, closed my door in a not-so-quiet manner, reawakening her.

Then there's the diaper change. She was poopy, so I went to change her. She wouldn't lay down, so I laid her down. Not entirely unusual. But she completely lost it. I ended up wiping her bum while holding her with one hand on her ankle, body mostly hanging upside down. Putting her diaper on was equally difficult. After that little escapade she had another time in her room with the lock on, so I could cool off and recover from such an exciting diaper change.

So I don't know who got the points today, but it certainly wasn't me. Tomorrow's another day. Let's just hope it's not another one like this one. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment