The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Thursday, December 30

Happy Day...

Today is my hub's birthday. That's why it's a happy day! We didn't do anything out of the ordinary (that's his way. Not really a celebratory type.) but it was still a nice day. Oh, despite the 6:15 wake up from Moose who had way too much to drink last night while he avoided his black bean soup. But we had a nice outing together as a fam running some errands. I made a killer dinner. A recipe from Applebee's called chicken fajita roll-ups. Yummy. Then the hubs played with the kids while I took a short bath. Right now they're getting jammies on, possibly in the hopes of watching a few minutes of Star Wars. We're in the midst of the second one. Will they be able to rescue Han Solo before he's taken to Jabba the Hut? We'll have to wait and see. It's been fun watching it with Moose and explaining it to him.

We officially took down Christmas, which was sad, but fun. Leads the way for a new beginning, the new year, etc. We like change.

Monkey just came to tell me Moose is getting his jammies on. She finally has her own version of his name. It doesn't exactly sound like his name, but it's consistent now so we know when she's referring to him. I like it. When he first tried saying his own name when he was younger, his version was way off. We still don't know where it came from. It became a silly nickname we still use for him on occasion. I imagine her version of his name will become a nickname for him one day as well.

Happy Birthday Hubs. You're the best father and husband I could've asked for. It's been the best 6 1/2 years married to you, and 7 years of having you in my life. I can't believe it's been that long. Sometimes it feels like it should be much more, and other times it feels like it's been such a short time. But either way, the best years I've had. So Happy 29th sweety. I couldn't do it without you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment