The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Saturday, December 18

Tidbits...

Today doesn't have any one remarkable moment or thought. Just lots of little things. I thought today would be the first day of vacation, but the hubs was asked last night if he would work today, so he did. Then he got asked to stay later because someone else was sick, so he did. So it wasn't really much of a vacation day after all. He did take the kids with him to the store this morning and bought a new phone to replace the one Monkey broke in half the other day. I was able to make some serious progress on Monkey's next Christmas present, a little pinafore. All I have left is the straps that will go around her neck and to finish the straps that tie behind her back. But it's mostly done. Yay!  Oh, and I might add a pocket too, if I get enough time next week with the hubs being at home. (Which might not really be what I was anticipating since the manager really wants him to work next week, although the owner of the store isn't on board. So we don't know what's going to happen.)

Despite the kids undeserving behavior, we painted some homemade ornaments (courtesy of their grandma who gave us leftover supplies from her third grade class) complete with googly eyes, ribbon and mini-buttons. Super cute. Monkey painted one, mostly. Moose did 2, and I did 1.  Then after Monkey went to bed, me and Moose (Yes, I know the grammar is wrong Mom. I don't care.) made some oatmeal cookies. We've got one more treat to make (fudge!) and then we'll be able to finish our treat plates. We're going to take them to some select homes and do a bit of caroling. :)

Now that the kids are bathed and jammied, we're doing another installment of Star Wars for Moose. They're currently trying to escape the Death Star with the Princess. We're having a bit of fun watching it with him in small pieces. We pause it often so he can ask him questions (which are many) and answer them fully. I don't know exactly how long it'll take us to finish the movie, but it'll be fun enjoying it with him.  He's getting a few Star Wars action figures for Christmas, so it'll be nice for him to understand something. Although he's getting an Anakin, and we're starting with the originals. But he'll at least be able to understand it more.

Tomorrow's going to be insanely busy for me. Send me good thoughts. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment