The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Wednesday, December 1

Big Girl Bed Saga...

I have a feeling this one will be lasting a while.

Miss Monkey woke up at 6:30 again this morning when Moose got out of bed. So again, I went into their room and laid on Moose's bed while she went back to sleep. (For those who are wondering what on earth Moose is doing, he sat on the couch til 7, then watched a DVD from the library with headphones on.) She did fall asleep again, and slept til 9:45. I think I won't let her sleep in this long. Because her normal 1 o'clock naptime was too early for her and she struggled. So I ended up in their room at naptime to help her fall asleep. I ended up laying next to her on her mattress and watched her fall asleep. (I've never done that before, with a kid this age. It was actually really cool. Once she stopped squirming and fighting me.)

However, bedtime tonight didn't go so hot. I came home from somewhere as the hubs was calming her down for the first time. They heard me come in, and instantly she started crying. (Her whole attached-to-Mama-at-bedtime-unless-she's-not-here thing.) So I calmed her down and put her to bed. She came out of their room about 3 times after that. Finally, I think, she's down for good. I was starting to get worried that she secretly liked me being there when she fell asleep, even if I terrorized her for the first 45 minutes of it. (It took an hour.)

But she didn't wake up at all last night, not until 6:30 anyway. But she's definitely getting a 9 a.m. wake up call from now on. Especially since Moose has preschool tomorrow at 9. I'm teaching him to be fashionably late at a young age. Even if our version of fashionable is questionable. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment