The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Friday, December 31

Belly Laughs...

So we had some company over for dinner tonight. We talked about this and that, and got to talking about the baby coming. We chatted names, and at some point one of them must've seen me squish my belly or something to that affect. It blew his mind. He didn't think you should be able to squish a pregnant belly like that. His reaction made me laugh so hard, I'm probably lucky I didn't pee my pants.  I guess some people don't realize that the big belly you see is not all baby. (Although I've been told by all my doctors that I am mostly all baby, but still.) I tried to explain how all the major organs are squished out of the way and there's tons of fluid in there. But it still weirded him out. I really don't recall the last time I laughed quite that hard. Every time I did, it made my belly button poke out from under my shirt, making me laugh more.  We talked a ton about labor and delivery, pregnancy and whatnot. It was hilarious to hear his point of view, being a single early 20's guy. When they left, I had to thank him for the laughs. I'll definitely make a point of giving my belly a good squish the next time I see him. Just for fun. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment