The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Wednesday, December 15

Vacation...

I only say vacation because I'm sorely looking forward to next week when the hubs is on his Christmas vacation. Today was a good but rough day. I woke up on the wrong side of the bed and was just a grouch. I really wanted more sleep for whatever reason and just struggled a bit. Monkey is pretty much all better. She took an awesome nap, which helped too. But what helped the most was the nap I took. I was able to wake up feeling like a completely different person. I didn't craft or anything like that, which I usually use naptime for, but I decided the way I used my time was by far the best use. I told the hubs the house was pretty messy because I slept during naptime and didn't make the kids clean a ton because I wasn't patient enough. He said he didn't care one bit. He'd rather have a messy house and a happy wife than the other way around. Have I ever mentioned how much I love that guy?

This week is going to remain pretty busy. Preschool at our house tomorrow. I've got a pretty big choir performance at church Sunday that I've been practicing the piano for. We've also got a caroling that I'm planning, which is happening Monday. (I'm playing the piano for that too.) I've got 4 Christmas presents to finish. (1 in the works, the others waiting) I've got 2 treats to make (fudge and oatmeal cookies) for treat plates we're planning on giving out. Granted, that one I'm not responsible for solely. It was the hub's idea and he wants to help and be in charge of it. But still, it's on the to-do list. I've got a few Christmas decorations I've planned to make with Moose for his tree.

Don't get me wrong, I know hat ultimately some things just don't get done. And I know that. But I really like the feeling of productivity and accomplishing things. We'll see what happens. And then there's getting over my cold, and getting enough sleep.

On a lighter note, the hubs introduced Moose to Star Wars tonight. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment